Dan Fielding, Dreadknock.

This is the main forum area.
Skeleton
Skeleton
Medals: 4
Lookie Loo Medal (1) Bronze Cross (1) Silver Cross (1) Gold Cross (1)

Currently Playing:
Dragonworld (Telarium, 1984), Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (Nintendo 1988)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:38 am
Image Image

Here's why Dan Fielding, aka "Thrasher" is my favorite Character from G.I.Joe
(The resemblance is striking, I know.)
* Graduated law school, yet never quit being an active member in his childhood gang
* Uses his powers to fight prosecution and uh...should probably be prosecuted at the same time
* A snappy dresser both in the courtroom and out on the battlefield
* A staunch women's lib supporter and part time punk rocker
* Get's to stay up all night and get paid for it, get's to blow things up and get paid for it
* And a little known fact: Dan Fielding drives the Thunder Machine, an all terrain vehicle outfitted with armor and twin gattling guns mounted on the hood of the vehicle (which can be activated from the steering wheel) for a mercenary group called "The Dreadknocks".
This group has been affiliated with the terrorist organization "Cobra" (who are bent on world domination). Although occasionaly hiring out to "Cobra" the group has maintained their autonomy from the organization, picking and choosing the jobs that suit them best. Usually these jobs involve swampy areas, disguises, kidnapping, sabotage, wanton destruction, accidental destruction, self inflicted destruction, and of course, payment in GOLD.
Outside of his regular duties as overnight Defence Attorney, Dan Fielding (AKA Thrasher) again played the roll of lawyer, this time mixing with his alter ego for a rare and unprecedented situation acting as legal counsil for the Dreadknocks short lived "oi" inspired punk rock band "Cold Slither", whom managed to stay together long enough to produce one song, "Cold Slither". The group was eventually disbanded amidst allegations of backwards messages mixed into the music alongside forwards messages blatantly promoting Cobra-esque mind control (which can only be assumed to promote the familliar message of "destruction"). Short lived as this super group was, they sure packed the arena for some wild and disorderly fun, Dreadknocks' style.
So here's one for Dan Fielding,
ladies man,
lawyer,
reckless psychopathic mercanary.

Sword Lord
Sword Lord
Currently Playing:
A Link Between Worlds (3DS), Into the Breach (Switch)
PSN:
hexcrass
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:09 am

Sword Lord
Sword Lord
Currently Playing:
A Link Between Worlds (3DS), Into the Breach (Switch)
PSN:
hexcrass
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:59 pm
Pill'sGhost, this topic is so good that I'm awarding you the Grammer.Image

Pill'sGhost wrote:* And a little known fact: Dan Fielding drives the Thunder Machine, an all terrain vehicle outfitted with armor and twin gattling guns mounted on the hood of the vehicle (which can be activated from the steering wheel) for a mercenary group called "The Dreadknocks".

If I remember right, not only does he drive the Thunder Machine, he also built it!
While most of the Dreadnoks prefer to ride on their motorcycles, Thrasher favors his patchwork monstrosity, the Thunder Machine. Assembled from spare parts found in automobile junkyards and airplane graveyards, the Thunder Machine is a hulking mess of armor and weaponry.

The thing has a damn jet engine in it!
The Thunder Machine features dual synchronized "Penetrator" gatling guns, a reinforced tubular roll cage, and a jet engine with 21k lbs of thrust.

http://gijoe.wikia.com/wiki/Thunder_Machine

1st appearance in G.I. Joe #51
 G.I. Joe 51

Thrasher's comic timing is superb as well :lol:

Return to General