Tekken Tag Tournament 2

This is the main forum area.

Sword Lord
Sword Lord
Currently Playing:
A Link Between Worlds (3DS), Into the Breach (Switch)
PSN:
hexcrass
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:26 pm
MitsuGTO885 put together an early combo video from a Swedish location test. I think it looks pretty boss.

Sword Lord
Sword Lord
Currently Playing:
PSN:
hexcrass
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:13 am

The narrator gets all excited at 4:00 lol

2:01 This game is going to use the Bana Passport system.
Namco Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Arcade Machines are scheduled for release in December this year, however order closing date is on 6th June. Key features include worldwide networking through internet, Namco’s new “Bana-Passport” player cards and live monitor data feature.

To maximise the machine and network connection performance, “Live Monitor” has been introduced which is a library of each site, each country or each region’s top 20 players data. This can be researched and replayed, together with comparing with other players. Top players have certain fight styles and players can now refer and learn the latest movements.

For many years, Japan has operated on network and live content updates to machines in the arcade centres and its the first time that Namco is introducing content management to the world market. The key points for operators are;

-you must have internet connection for this game to work (the game cannot work offline)
-you must have the game board charged via prepaid cards, ie, you buy charge cards which add “points” to your game board. Each time a player using the machine, 5 points are deducted. If your game board has zero points, the game stops working
-weekly/monthly live updates are given to the game board introducing new characters, venues, combo moves and more. These updates occur automatically without the need for the game owner to manually update their machines.

Please therefore note, if your machine is offline or not charged with credit, it will not work. Points cards (1 card = 10,000 points) for operators can be purchased and once installed into the machine will transfer credit onto the gameboard.

When I first heard about this I wasn't thrilled, because it just sounded like a way to charge operators a monthly fee.....and I hate monthly fees.

But the more I learn about it, the more I think it's going to be the coolest thing ever. Extra fees aside, look at what you're getting for your money...among the rest of the features, every game is going to be connected, so when you put in your high score everyone in the world can see it! A global competition! I think this may be one of the most epic games ever. Now I need to go find a Bana passport.

Sword Lord
Sword Lord
Currently Playing:
PSN:
hexcrass
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:02 pm
It looks like we aren't going to see this game in the USA, not even an import. Something about the online capabilities not being supported worldwide but only in certain countries...and you need the online for the game to work.
Check this interview with Harada for the official explaination :( (read the transcript, the audio is really hard to make out)

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2011/6/15/atps-interview-with-harada-on-ttt2s-availability-in-the-west.html

I'm still looking for my Bana Passport though anyways.

Return to General