Forum Medals

This is the main forum area.

Sword Lord
Sword Lord
Currently Playing:
A Link Between Worlds (3DS), Into the Breach (Switch)
PSN:
hexcrass
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:01 pm
We're going to start awarding medals to our forum members for certain actions.
I wanted to implement an actual medal system mod, but all the mods for these systems seem to have disappeared. Maybe in the future we'll figure out the medal mod.
In the meantime, if you get awarded any medals, they will show as a special rank.

Here are the medals we have so far:

Medal Set 1:
 Donator Medal Donator - This medal is earned by donating to the forum for hosting costs.
 Linking Medal Linking - This medal is earned by placing a link to the forum somewhere on the web. (not facebook)
 Tutorial Medal Tutorial - This medal is earned by writing a tutorial thread.
 Contest Medal Contest - This medal is earned by holding a contest with a prize(s).
 Musician Medal Musician - This medal is earned by sharing music you've created with the forum.
 Artist Medal Artist - This medal is earned by making art for the forum/site. This can be really simple or elaborate. (Banners, signatures, avatars, etc.)
 View Medal Views - This medal is earned by creating a thread that gets 1000 views.
 IRC Medal IRC - This medal is earned by joining the Arcade Perfect IRC channel with an IRC client.
 MAME Fighting League Medal MAME Fighting League - This medal is earned by participating in a MAME Fighting League event.

The medals in set 1 were all made by Clest for the forum. Thanks Clest! :D

With some of these medals, it may not be obvious that you've earned them (Linking, donator, possibly IRC) If you feel you deserve a medal and haven't been awarded it yet, please send me a PM or just post in this thread.

If you have any suggestions for more awards, please post in this thread!

Sword Lord
Sword Lord
Currently Playing:
PSN:
hexcrass
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:21 pm
The medals will no longer be in a special rank, they now have their own home in the mini-profile!

Special Medal Set 1:
These medals are special one-time use medals, They are only being awarded once!
These are earned by being the first one to a certain post count.

Bronze Cross Bronze Cross - Earned by being the first member to reach 10 posts. (Awarded to Pill'sGhost)
 Silver Cross Silver Cross - Earned by being the first member to reach 20 posts. (Awarded to Pill'sGhost)
 Gold Cross Gold Cross - Earned by being the first member to reach 30 posts.
 Platinum Cross Platinum Cross - Earned by being the first member to reach 50 posts.

Cross of Merit Cross of Merit - Earned by being the first member to reach 100 posts.

The medals in the special set 1 were made by Kamil32.

Sword Lord
Sword Lord
Currently Playing:
PSN:
hexcrass
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:56 pm
The medal mod has arrived! I can't believe it, but someone just recently made a new medals mod, it's been implemented. You medals will still show in the mini-profile, also check the medals section in the header to see whats available and what medals have been awarded to who!
I came up with a couple more:

Login Set:

7 Days Medal 7 Days Medal - Earned by logging in to the forum for seven days in a row. (Discontinued)
 14 Days Medal 14 Days Medal - Earned by logging in to the forum for 14 days in a row. (Discontinued)

Sword Lord
Sword Lord
Currently Playing:
PSN:
hexcrass
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:01 pm
I'm discontinuing the Login Medals, it was too much trouble keeping track of everyone and how many days in a row they were logged in.

Blood Skeleton
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:32 pm
You cant Check it by using your database?

In my forum, i started to implement some kind of medals,it was achievements since it's an xbox360 forum/website

Sword Lord
Sword Lord
Currently Playing:
PSN:
hexcrass
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:43 pm
Well, I could check it and I was, but, I had to do it manually, like if I figured out a way for the forum to alert me when those conditions were met, it'd be different, but I never figured that out and I got tired of checking everyday. So basically it's just laziness on my part. Plus this forum is very ghost-town-ish, so it's not really worth the effort I think.
I'd be interested to see your medals though. Are you using phpBB for your forum?

Blood Skeleton
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:19 pm
No
An homemade php forum

You CAN eventually do some kind of php request if you CAN access to phpmyadmin or something
If you want i can do those request and you try it
Just for fun:)

Ps: i've done somes home made xbox360 gamercard too,if you see what it is

Return to General