ATP Podcast 24 - Arcades Are Not Dead

This is the main forum area.

Sword Lord
Sword Lord
Currently Playing:
A Link Between Worlds (3DS), Into the Breach (Switch)
PSN:
hexcrass
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:12 pm
I'm sure everyone is sick of hearing me rant about how important arcades are, here's a good podcast from Avoiding the Puddle about the topic.
(it's about 50 minutes long)
http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2011/10/4/atp-podcast-episode-24-arcades-are-not-dead.html

I'm not really into Tekken that much (that's more DoctorC's area), but I fucking love Avoiding the Puddle. They give so much support for the arcade that it's hard not too.

I'm going to go ahead and agree with everything Aris says in this podcast and add my own two cents.
(this is in addition to all my previous rants.)

@fictional IowaDude - Your home life must not be anything like a normal persons. I can't imagine PREFERING playing video games at home to playing at an arcade. At home it's pretty hard to play video games for very long without the wife/gf/kids/parents/siblings/whoever bugging the shit out of you to do something for them. With no arcades around, what are people that don't want to sit around at home supposed to do? I guess go to the bar or something, real productive.

I think "arcades are dead" is just some kind of horrible meme that lazy people spout out without even thinking about it or bothering to actually go to an arcade to find out if it's true.
(It's not true by the way.)

Return to General