Arcades Making a Comeback

This is the main forum area.

Sword Lord
Sword Lord
Currently Playing:
A Link Between Worlds (3DS), Into the Breach (Switch)
PSN:
hexcrass
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:29 pm
Yahoo news figured out what we already knew.
This is good news for arcades though, we need people to know that they are still around!
http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/arcades-making-comeback-215932135.html
His recommendation of going to Chuck E. Cheese's is not the best way to end it though.
Chuck E. Cheese is dead to me, that sellout rat!

Blood Skeleton
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:18 pm
I hope this really catches on. People have held on to those old classic games from the 80's and 90's, sometimes even 70's - and most importantly, cared for them.

There's an arcade in Nashville TN now with Paperboy, RadidersOTLA, Vindicators, roadblasters, gauntlet, bomb jack, TMNT, simpsons, xmen, pac man(s), galaga, cyberball, all kinds of great classics that i figured had been recycled into scrap decades ago. Only thing i,s if you live in Nashville, it's the arcade at Hickory Harlem .. you know where I mean. Shitty area, but patrolled vigilantly enough, especially at the arcade-facing entrance. don't wanna sound like a shill so won't post link but it's called game galaxy now, signle-franchise bought after Tilt went belly-up.

It's the closest real arcade with classic games (as well as new) within like 200 mi of nashville afaik

Sword Lord
Sword Lord
Currently Playing:
A Link Between Worlds (3DS), Into the Breach (Switch)
PSN:
hexcrass
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:09 pm
You can post link's all day, it's all good. Game Galaxy sounds really cool, I'd actually like to see it!

Return to General